Re: property dialogs

Janos Farkas <Janos.Farkas-nouce/priv-#HkOGpNFfcYv4UIphb9tKa6u0NJ4@lk9qw.mail.eon.ml.org> writes:

> Hmm, I can't really grab a good article to respond on, but a few weeks
> earlier, I remember some people have come to the consensus that
> (forgetting how any other system's property dialogs work) the most
> intuitive for the user is that any change is instant, with a way to undo
> these changes.

I think this was more in the context of these annoying "Do you really
want to..." dialog boxes.  Not popping up such a nagbox but providing
a way to undo the change seems to be a better way.

This is not too much related with "instant apply".  You probably have
to carefully compose a set of settings that you then want to apply all
at once.  While composing these settings you will probably go thru a
lot of invalid states that would provoke error messages, or something.