Re: GTK calendar widget for gnome-utils/gncal ?

On 17 Mar 1998, Tom Tromey wrote:

> Marc> Anyone know where the calendar widget is that gncal uses?
>

> It is in `../../gcalendar/'.  That is, it is outside the gnome-utils
> module.
>
> This is pretty gross.  I think one of three things should be done:
>
> 1. Move gtkcalendar widget into libgnomeui

Gtkcalendar is not a gnome widget, it is a gtk widget.  (It scares
me how much gnome people don't respect this difference.) There are
also some licensing issues I need to address with lib_date; I have a
copy I can distribute LGPL.  (the copy in cvs is still the GPL
or Artistic)  The widget will be distributed with GTK 1.1 and
later or off in another widget collection distributed right along
side GTK on the ftp site.

> 2. Move it into gncal

Gtkcalendar is not gncal specific; but copying it may be the
best short term solution.  (Not to libgnomeui though please.)
I will update gncal after major enhancements to the widget
if it is copied there.

> 3. Move gcalendar into the gnome-utils module
>    (Prefer this if gcalendar is live code we plan to keep)

Certainly we will want a productivity module or some such
thing for gncal, gtt, gcalendar, addressbook, project
manager, etc., etc...  I think of the find program when
I think utils.

Right now, however, I need gcalendar and the gtkcalendar
widget to stay where they are because I don't have disk space
to keep compiling gnome on my machine.  (gcalendar is very
small and easy for me to work with, and so far it has been
going quite well ;-)

--
Shawn T. Amundson		Complete Internet Solutions
Senior Systems Administrator	Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA

while (i) { last }
    i, do exist.
    forever;