property dialogs

I've been considering writing a standard property dialog widget for
Gnome.  It would basically be a tabbed notebook, but would be smart
about enabling and disabling its buttons.  Right now there are at
least 3 kinds of property dialogs in Gnome (the desktop-properties
ones, the gtt one, and one other that I forgot).  They are all
slightly different.

One question: should the "Apply" and "OK" buttons apply all the
changes, or just the changes from the current page?  The desktop
properties programs do the latter.  At first I thought this was a good
idea, but now I'm concerned that it is potentially confusing.

Comments?

Tom