Re: locale with glibc ?

> Radek Doulik <doulik@karlin.mff.cuni.cz> writes:
>
> > has someone working locale support with glibc ? When I do
> >
> > setenv LANG cs
> >
> > I got the following message on start of any GNOME program
> >
> > locale not supported by C library
>
> Do you compiled the locales?  See the localedef program.

Compiled in glibc ? (first one I have compiled myself with locale and
second try was with debian/hamm one)

I have also found localedef program on my system, but have no man page,
so don't know, what it does.

localedef -h includes some info

Usage: localedef [OPTION]... name
Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too.
  -c, --force               create output even if warning messages were
issued
  -h, --help                display this help and exit
  -f, --charmap=FILE        symbolic character names defined in FILE
  -i, --inputfile=FILE      source definitions are found in FILE
  -u, --code-set-name=NAME  specify code set for mapping ISO 10646 elements
  -v, --verbose             print more messages
  -V, --version             output version information and exit
      --posix               be strictly POSIX conform

System's directory for character maps: /usr/share/i18n/charmaps
                       locale files  : /usr/share/locale:/usr/share/i18n
Report bugs using the libcbug' script to <bugs@gnu.ai.mit.edu>.

I haven't gnome installed in /usr, may this be the problem ?

Radek