Re: property dialogs

  Tom> One question: should the "Apply" and "OK" buttons apply all the
  Tom> changes, or just the changes from the current page?  The
  Tom> desktop properties programs do the latter.  At first I thought
  Tom> this was a good idea, but now I'm concerned that it is
  Tom> potentially confusing.

Well, this is just a top of the head idea, but..

The 'nice' way to do it would be to have reset/apply/OK buttons which
operate on the current page, then if the user tries to change pages
with unapplied/unsaved changes, alert them to the fact, and offer to
let them save/apply/discard changes, or cancel the page change. It
would keep them from getting confused about what changes they had
made, which were still pending (out of sight, out of mind &c) and also
prevent them from not applying/saving changes they meant to.

Just a crazy idea..

-Larry

--
  Larry Daffner        |  Linux: Unleash the workstation in your PC!
  vizzie@airmail.net / http://web2.airmail.net/vizzie/