Re: property dialogs

> One question: should the "Apply" and "OK" buttons apply all the
> changes, or just the changes from the current page?  The desktop
> properties programs do the latter.  At first I thought this was a good
> idea, but now I'm concerned that it is potentially confusing.

it is confusing ... one Idea would be to have two apply buttons, one in
the bottom row, which just like all the other bottom row buttons, would
have global meaning .... then there would be another row of buttons
INSIDE the notebook page, for local changes .... this would be the more
intuitive approach I'd guess ... the buttons could be these

INSIDE ROW = "Set Defaults" "Apply" "Undo"
BOTTOM ROW = "Set Defaults" "Apply" "Undo" "Close" "Help"

(or similiar ... don't start commenting on the names .. I just made
something up right now .. the names could possibly be more direct on the
inside such as "apply this page" ... or all be in a frame called
"this page")

the fact that they are in the notebook page would imply them being local

George

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
While some may have the year 2000  | $ emacs
problem, my 64-bit alpha's got the | bash: emacs: command not found
year 292471208677 problem          | YES!!