Re: a few notes on gncal

>Are you sure?  Linux on my machine seems pretty sure that the windows
>and menu keys on my keyboard have their own scan codes, which is enough to
>make them distinct keys from ctrl-esc and shift-f10.  I know that pressing
>"Ctrl+Windows+F1" is enough to switch from vt9 running X to vt1 in textmode
>on my box, but Ctrl+Esc+F1 doesn't do any such thing (and this is with at
>generic $25 keyboard).

Interesting... anybody want to donate one to be dissected and reverse
engineered? Anybody has electrical diagrams?

And I was saying "Windoze" = "Ctrl+Esc", not "Ctrl+Windoze" = "Ctrl+Esc".

>That seems to demonstrate that expecting the extra keys to actually
>ACT like extra keys is very reasonable, and that it won't cause problems
>except where people don't have the extra keys.

If I found a quality one (and that follows some rules, like big space bar),
I thing I will start to like them (and maybe switch). Anybody knows how to
paint a Penguin over the Windoze logo? Should Linux distros come with
stickers? Gnome stickers? =;P

And well, if you can configure the keybindings, there is no problem about
keys. Plain and simple.

The default config should not use them, IMHO, becuase not all computers have
those keys.

Back to reality, ok?

GSR