Re: updates?

Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org>
> "J" == Justin Sher <justin@ndst.com> writes:
>
> J> 	Yeah IMHO Ea is not that great of an idea because when you
> J> copy files in the shell they get tend to get messed up in the GUI.
>
> OTOH, if ext2fs supports them, they the attributes should move along
> with the files....

 In the networked enviroment we use NFS and it does not support EA, so
you stuck with hidden files alternative, which is bad. Modyfied NFS
(e.g. extNFS?) would be a very controversial thing, as it will be
getting away from the standarts and too big of a project just for the
luxury of having EA.

 Sergey