Re: gnome mdi dnd problem / GnomeUIInfo wrapping problem.

On Mon, 29 Jun 1998, Jaka Mocnik wrote:

> Andreas Kostyrka wrote:
>
> > I've been just wondering if anybody is using the
> > gnome_app_create_menus_custom method?
> > Seemed quite cool to me when I wrapped GnomeUIInfos, but it seems that
> > Gnome MDI is not able to use a GnomeUIBuilderData. :(
> If you supply the GnomeUIInfo template, MDI sadly uses
> gnome_app_create_menus() function, but if you'd like to use
> gnome_app_create_menus_custom() or even some other method of menu
> creation, make sure you don't supply it any GnomeUIInfo and use
> create_menus signal instead. See conditionaly compiled (#ifndef
> USE_APP_HELPER) code in gnome-hello-7-mdi.c for an example of this. Of
> course it would be trivial to put another member in MDI for
> UIBuilderData and add another function for setting it, but I'd prefer to
> keep code leaner.
Hmmm. I mean, in my case (tomgtk) it didn't matter, as I happily switched
the generate GnomeUIInfos to standard usage, so create_menus() works on
them now.

> > Another problem that I noticed is, that dnd gives wrong impressions upon
> > the user with gnome-mdi. Just start 2 copies of gnome-hello-7-mdi, and try
> > to drag a child from one instance to the other. By icon, dnd seems to
> > indicate that it will accept the page, while in reality it will not.
> > Perhaps the dnd datatype should depend upon the host/pid name of the
> > client?
> yes, I've been aware of it. perhaps it really should use pid. how do I
> get my process's pid?
char hostname[128];
hostname[0]='\0';
gethostname(hostname, 127);
sprintf(datatype, "dnd/bookpage%s%d", hostname, getpid());

Andreas