Re: Salon Magazine article

tlewis@mindspring.net (Todd Graham Lewis) writes:

> Moments ago, I received somewhat angry email from an Austrian reader about
> this comment.  I intended for this to be an analogy illustrating the
> strategic intent of desktop efforts; I did not even consider that some
> people, such as those who live in or near Germany, might find it offensive.
>
> For this I am really, really sorry.  Even though I don't have an official
> position within the GNOME effort, I'll resign it anyway if that's desired.

Ah, nevermind.  I'm German and don't bother about this analogy.  I
find it almost very inappropriate from an *Austrian* without any sense
of humour to complain about this.  Basically i don't care about the
words you used since they served a purpose and nothing more.  And now
i'm going to check out this article.  Thanks for the hint.

                                     Cheers, P. *8^)
--
   --------- Paul Seelig <pseelig@goofy.zdv.uni-mainz.de> -----------
   --------------- http://www.uni-mainz.de/~pseelig -----------------