Re: Initial IDE code

Hiya, I'm one of the authors of gedit, and from what it looks like you're
trying to do, I wanted to let you know that Chris Lahey has been adding to
the gnome cvs tree a plugins api that gEdit and his text editor GO
(http://www-personal.umich.edu/~clahey/software) will be sharing. At the
moment the api is still going through some changes, but if you check out
the gnome-utils module you should be able to get a feel for how it's going
to work.. I think from what it looks like you're trying to do that it
would be better to implement this CORBA interface as a plugin, instead of
making changes to the source directly - this would provide for more
flexibility, and also give us an idea for what kind of demands could be
placed on the plugins api, and a chance to extend it to make it more
useful. As I said, the api's still in development, but if it looks like
it could come close to serving your purposes, let me know and we can try
working together on this - I'd be happy to commit patches to the cvs tree,
and see what we can do about maybe getting you access to the tree if
neccesary..