Re: Can someone explain SGML to me?

Todd Graham Lewis <tlewis@mindspring.net> writes:

> How does one write SGML docs?  Do you just have to know the tags and
> fire up vi, or is there a wysiwig environ like lyx?  The former, right?

If you're comfortable with [X]emacs, there is a fairly decent sgml mode.

> Which SGML toolset should people use?  The LDP's sgml-tools is linuxdoc-
> based, and so is worthless to us, since we're using DocBook, yes?

FWIW, SGMLtools is in the midst of a major rewrite right now.  Among other
things, they are moving from linuxdoc to DocBook.  I don't know if the
current developer release will serve your purposes yet, but you might want
to take a look.

	http://pobox.com/~cg/sglmtools

Oh, yeah, and Cees is actively seeking contributors to help with the
rewrite.:}

--

Bud Rogers <budr@tanet.net>
I wore khaki when khaki wasn't cool.