Printing problems

I have installed gnome 0.20 and now when I try to print I get an error
message saying that it cannot connect to each and every applet that I
have run on the panel.  It doesn't print after these errors either.
This is the 0.20 that was released after the initial release to make it
more clean.  This error occurs from anywhere I try to print including
when I just use lpr and have no gnome parts running.  What did I do
wrong on the installation, or how can I fix this problem?

Thanks,
Brad Fowler