fragstats and menus

Hi!

  I'm developing a fragstats clone. I'm thinking in gnomifing the
program. What I'd like to know is if anyone is doing this and/or anyone
has ideas about the subject.

  Other subject: I'm starting developing with gnome, so I don't know
much... Is there a tool to create menus in an easy way, something like
giving a text definition of the menus and a program returning a data
structure and (maybe) code to manipulate it? I've been noticing that
writing menu code for menus is a very tedious/repetitive task that can
be easily 90% machine made.

Abracos,
Tiago