Re: Mico 2.0.8 and failing panel

On Sat, 20 Jun 1998, Kasper Peeters wrote:
> Someone mentioned last week that mico 2.0.8 has a bug which prevents
> the panel from running (with the same symptoms as mentioned in the
> 'Gnome and WM' thread, but I'm sure my networking and name services
> are allright, and the mico examples work). Is there a patch that fixes
> this?  If not, is anyone working on one?

I don't know for sure that this is still the case, but as far as I know,
the official stance on mico is that since it is a temporary measure until
ORBit is finished, and since simply going from 2.0.5 to 2.0.6 breaks all
sorts of unexpected things, the only version of mico officially supported
by GNOME is 2.0.5.

If you have a patch that fixes 2.0.8 functionality without breaking 2.0.5
functionality, I doubt anybody will complain, but nobody is rushing to fix
things for whichever is the latest and greatest mico, since we hope to
dump it in the future.

-Gleef