Re: Where do I find argp?

On Sat, 20 Jun 1998, Peter Hawkins wrote:

> Hi there...
>
> I'm trying to compile my first gnome app, but I've run into a bit of a
> problem in that nowhere on my system exists <argp.h>. Now this puzzles
> me, as isn't GNU argp part of the C library? I'm running on RHL 5.1 with
> the RPM distribution of gnome v0.20.

The rpm glibc-devel package includes a file called argz.h, which is
similar but not quite the same as argp.h.  For various reasons, which I
would assume consistent porting between platforms was high on the list,
the gnome-libs team decided to include argp.h as part of the distribution.

> Any pointers as to where I can find argp?

I am not positive about the gnome v0.20 release (I'm working off of
development snapshots), but argp.h should be found in either the
gnome-libs-devel package, or possibly the gnome-libs package.

Best of Luck,
-Gleef