Re: Gnome and WM

On Fri, 19 Jun 1998, kluster wrote:

> OK... I have this in my /etc/hosts
> 127.0.0.1	localhost	localhost.localdomain
> and this if I type hostname at an xterm
> 1Cust89.tnt1.rockford.il.da.uu.net
> How do I add it?  Thanks,.,

Just pick your favorite editor and add a line containing:
<ipaddr>	<hostname>

The problem with this is that your hostname will probably change (I'm
assuming you're on a dynip dialup).  Mico needs to be fixed to work with
standard dns as well as the /etc/hosts file.

As a workaround, you could probably setup a template file (/etc/hosts.in)
and have the values for your hostname substituted via a sed script
whenever you dial in (via ppp-up or some other trigger).

- cls