How to quit a gnome app?

I feel pretty lost in the key bindings. Some apps use
Quit (C-q), others Exit (C-e) or eXit (C-x), and the
rest of them seem not to have a keyboard quit shortcut.

What is the difference between quit and exit?

I think now would be a good time to decide, before
we get used to the current key confusion.

Consistence? I feel sure I did not have to mention it.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Regards
Netdriftgruppen / Network Management Group

Tlf./Phone   +45 35 87 89 41        Mail:  UNI-C
Fax.         +45 35 87 89 90               Bygning 304
E-mail: torben.fjerdingstad@uni-c.dk       DK-2800 Lyngby