Re: Project idea: IDE

In this madness, there may well be a method.  Microsoft got to the place
it did by ripping off other people's great ideas and selling it as "top
quality stuff" (PLEASE nobody comment on the falseness of this statement)
and integrating everything (at the price of some flexibility)

There's nothing saying we can't do the same.  I, for one, often use Visual
Basic and appreciate very much some of its features that allow rapid
application developement.  Rather than bashing Microsoft and saying
how bad it is, we need to see what is good, what is done well (and don't
say nothing) and then proceed to shamelessly rip off the good ideas while
avoiding the bad ones.  We are in no position to wage an us-versus-them
war--we need to visibly show that "we do this better."

                Soren Harward               | Windows 95/98 DOES come
 Internet Information Systems Administrator | with a tool to recover
               Cinternet, Inc.              | from Registry
 Voice: 891-1228        soren@cinternet.net | corruption.
      http://www.cinternet.net/~soren/      | It's called 'FDISK'.