Re: gnome & xscreensaver

cs> I ran across an interesting problem earlier this week.  I'm using
cs> the gnome 0.20 release (with proper rh errata rpms) and I have the
cs> following gnome items in my .xsession:

cs> background-properties --init & keyboard-properties --init &
cs> mouse-properties --init & panel &

cs> Via the panel, I configured xscreensaver to timeout and lock the
cs> screen after 3 minutes.  Fine and dandy.  Worked like a champ.  I
cs> left my desk in somewhat of a hurry and fired off xlock rather
cs> than wait for xscreensaver to kick in.  Later, I log back in and
cs> the next time xscreensaver timed out, the screen blanked but did
cs> not lock.  Instead I got these messages in yellow text:

[deleted]

i think it's better to use `xscreensaver-command -lock' to immediatly
lock the screen.

--
Michael Lausch/g.a.m.s. edv dienstleistungen gmbh
See my web page <http://www.gams.net/~mla> or query PGP key server for PGP key.