Re: What is the right way of starting session?

[SNIP by JAE]

    Tom> Whoever builds the session manager can specify a default window
    Tom> manager at configure time.  If there is not a saved session to
    Tom> restore, the session manager will run this default.  If no default is
    Tom> configured in, then the session manager won't run any window manager.

No good... the installer (rpm/dpkg) must be able to set the default WM
depending on which WMs are available on the system... if I want to run
DonaldWM, I don't want to have to install GoofyWM just to install
GNOME (and then choose DonaldWM when GNOME runs)... (I consciously avoided
MickeyWM here ;-)

[SNIP by JAE]

Anyway,

Bye, J