Re: Gnome for RH5.1 only?

>>>>> "joe" == joe user <joe_user@altavista.net> writes:

joe> I don't need binaries for RH 4.x. I only want source rpms that I
joe> can rebuild easily in every system.  This is not true for now.

Download the source snapshots and built it, then.
If you run into configure/build bugs, report them (slow) or send a
patch (faster).

It's true that the most work has gone into making Gnome run on Red
Hat.  But that isn't because there is an official relationship between
the two.  It's just that the current developers mostly run Red Hat.
Keeping a different port up-to-date would be a great way for someone
to volunteer; for instance I know people are working on FreeBSD.

Tom