Missing libs

I'm trying to compile mico-2.0.5 and it requires a library which I
don't have in order to make shared libs; namely libreadlin.  I've been
looking but cannot find a source for these libraries.  I thought it
would be on my distribution cd (slackware3.0) but it's not in the file
listing.  Any ideas?
   Also its configure isn't finding javac.  Anybody know where it's
looking?  I have JDK1.1.6 installed in /usr/local/JDK1.1.  Would adding
it to $CLASSPATH help at all?  TIA
--

Tim
-----