Re[2]: gnome-libs compile snafus

Tom Tromey <tromey@cygnus.com> wrote:

> This happens because you don't have GNU gettext installed.
> One fix is to install it.

Done.

> I think this will work as a hack:
>
> 	touch po/gnome-libs.pot

(It did.)

But with gettext in place I come up on the following, as the compile enters:

ranlib .libs/libgnomeui.a
creating libgnomeui.la
[snip]
../libgnomeui/.libs/libgnomeui.so: undefined reference to `GPOINTER_TO_INT'
../libgnomeui/.libs/libgnomeui.so: undefined reference to `GINT_TO_POINTER'

which leads unceremoniously to Error 2.

I note in the Changelog for /libgnomeui a mention of the recent introduction
of these two critters to the package. I am in the dark as to where they might
be first declared.

Still working with 0.2 tarball of course. Something tells me I could save time
by firing up cvs.

Bob Bernstein      bernie@brainiac.com       http://www.brainiac.com/bernie
at
Esmond, R.I.       ftp://rupturedduck.dyn.ml.org  (sometimes)