Re: Memory leaks in gnome_apps

Will a GNU/Linux person please correct me if I get this wrong,
since I don't use Linux.  This just comes from my recent
browsing of the GNU malloc.

You libc is not GNU libc, so it uses sbrk(), even for page
sized allocations (GNU libc uses mmap() for any allocation
larger than a page), so it cannot be returned to the system.

It is not really a problem since modern VM systems are optimized
for sparse memory allocation.  Is it causing a problem?