Memory leaks in gnome_apps

I am writing a gnome app to install files to my pilot.  The problem is
that no memory seems to be freed ever, when widgets are destroyed, or for
that matter when I explicitly call g_free on some memory allocated with
g_malloc, why?

I have a tree view of files, so for example, I open of /dev, which has
1200 or so entries.  Now, ignoring gtk+, I allocate roughly 5k of memory.
Then I collapse the tree branch, and my memory freeing callbacks say that
they are freeing memory, but if I look, the memory usage never decreases.

Has anyone else noticed this?  I am using the latest gtk+ from cvs as well
as glib and gnome-libs.  If not, anyone I any idea why this is happening.

Mansih

Manish Vachharajani
<mvachhar@vger.rutgers.edu>