Re: WM Compliance

On 13 Jun, Tom Tromey shouted:
->  Raster> Currently there are several problems with some aspects of the
->  Raster> proposals - depsicify whihc desktops an app is to use is one -
->  Raster> the choice of sticky or just one desktop is not sufficient.
->
->  I'm still unclear on why we even need hints indicating the desktop an
->  application is on.

if we are going ot allow an app the ability to specify what desktop it's
on and all its other windows (ie gimp), it shoudl also knwo what
desktops all its other windows are on so it has the ability to
"regroup" 9ie think of gimp havign an option ito tie differnt "layers"
dialogues to differnt images instead of having to keep electing whihc
images layers you want to see - just have different images being wokr
on different desktops..

its only fair that app gets feedback on where it ended up going if it
asked to go somewhere...

->  Tom

--
--------------- Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am" --------------------