weirdness with gnome-graphics 0.20

I got all the different RPMS for jpegs etc and installed gnome RPMS
in Redhat 5.1.  Most things work great.

I have one problem with ee, wonder if you see it too.  In a directory
with several jpeg files, you can use the command line "ee *" and it
starts and you can see pics one at a time (space bar for next pic--no
way to go backward?).  However, if you just type "ee", then right-click,
Edit, show edit window, then you get a system crash if you go into
the image list, choose the leftmost icon to list all files in a directory,
and then in the selection pane type "*" and hit return.   On my system, the hard
disk churns and churns, no images show, and eventually it grinds to a halt.

Just for fun, I tried it a second time after rebooting and I was able to
kill the process before it went too far. The error messages in the
xterm said there were memory allocation errors.

ee didn't use to do this. It used to give an error message saying there
was no file called "*" or some such.

Paul E. Johnson                      pauljohn@ukans.edu
Dept. of Political Science           http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn
University of Kansas                 Office: (913) 864-9086
Lawrence, Kansas 66045               FAX: (913) 864-5700