Re: Scientific Applications

On Wed, 10 Jun 1998, Mark Rae wrote:

> I have been thinking specifically about the areas covered by commercial
> Windows/Macintosh applications such as SigmaPlot, SYSTAT & GraphPad
> which don't appear to have any comparable 'competition' in the free
> software world.

I am not aware of these programs; for better or worse, I live a unix-only
(and Linux-mostly) life.  How does Scitext fit into the market as you see
it?

> As such a large number of UNIX/Linux users are in the Academic/Research
> sector it would seem sensible to try and produce packages like these.
>
> Anyone care to comment on whether this seems like a good idea?

I would suggest gnome-ifying existing applications to achieve your goal.
What is your goal, btw?  Ease of use?  If so, can you give some examples
of what you're shooting for?

--
Todd Graham Lewis       Manager of Web Engineering    (800) 719-4664, x2804
******Linux******         MindSpring Enterprises      tlewis@mindspring.net