Re: v0.20

On Mon, 8 Jun 1998, Michael Lankton wrote:
> I just tried building the new gnome-libs for the first time.  It bails,
> returning:
>
> checking for gdk_imlib_init in -lgdk_imlib... no
> configure: error: I could not find gdk_imlib
>
> I don't get this because I just installed gtk+1.0.4, imlib, and mico2.0.5
> fresh with absolutely no errors.  I am looking at libgdk_imlib.so.1.4.0 in
> /usr/local/lib, so why is it choking on it?  Appreciate any help.

The obvious question is, "did you run ldconfig"?

Also, configure will fail to find a library if any of the libraries used
by the library are not on the link line, because the test compile will
fail. So imlib might not be the real problem. Check to see if any of the
other libraries weren't found, especially the X and image format
libraries.

If neither of those suggestions helps, I don't know. It might be worth
sending config.log our way.

Havoc Pennington ==== http://pobox.com/~hp