Re: XML and GNOME community

On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, Anders W. Tell wrote:

> I have been browsing through the gnome world and found very few places
> where XML and related standards are mentioned.  And now I wonder is
> there any interest at all in XML in the gnome community ?
>
> It seems that Netscapes mozilla and big brothers all applications
> (explorer, excel, powerpoint, word.etc)  are going to use XML instead of
> HTML but also as a mechanism to store and transfer meta info about
> components, plugins etc. MS have already showed examples of how to
> copy-paste and embedd and link using XML as metadata carrier.

If you think it's a cool, then you are the best person to implement it -
you have the interest in seeing it happen and the knowledge to match...

> KDE is also building xml parsers and xml reading capabilities.

And so? Are we supposed to do everything just because they do? :)

-- Elliot
When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather...
	...not yelling and screaming like the people in the back of the
	   plane he was flying.