XML and GNOME community

Hi there,

I have been browsing through the gnome world and found very few places
where XML and related standards are mentioned.
And now I wonder is there any interest at all in XML in the gnome
community ?

It seems that Netscapes mozilla and big brothers all applications
(explorer, excel, powerpoint, word.etc)
are going to use XML instead of HTML but also as a mechanism to store and
transfer
meta info about  components, plugins etc. MS have already showed examples
of how
to copy-paste and embedd and link using XML as metadata carrier.

KDE is also building xml parsers and xml reading capabilities.

/Anders