Window borders?

I installed Gnome, finally got it to start and ran into a problem. The help
browser starts up in the left hand corner. I go to move it and realize it
has no borders at at, and there is no way to move the window. I open a
couple other windows and once again no borders, they start in the same
place (overlapping each other) and no way to move them to another area of
the desktop. Another sympton (maybe of the same problem?) I said ok well
lets keep playing anyway, I tried to set my wallpaper to the same image I
am using in KDE right now, and it wouldn't work, hit OK and it exits out.
Tried with several other jpg's including small ones for tiling with no
success.

I am completly new to Gnome, though I have only heard good things about it
and from the glimpes of things I've seen on the web, and things talked
about here on the mailing list (yes I'm mostly a lurker) I am interested in
making the change. Several people have told me that Gnome is their default
desktop now, already over KDE. Any help in helping me getting Gnome up and
running completly would be appreciated. Thanks

Joe Bowman - Technical Support for The National Journal Group Inc.
Phone: (703)518-8737                       Email: jbowman@njdc.com
Fax: (703)518-8706