Re: AnonCVS is down

On Wed, 3 Jun 1998, Matthew Hawkins wrote:

> At 12:02PM on Tue, Jun 02, 1998, Elliot Lee <sopwith@redhat.com> sent:
> > The machine was at loadavg 40 last night, and nobody could get in. Right
> > now anonymous access is disabled, which means that at least developers can
> > commit & do stuff. A more permanent solution is in the works.
>
> Just an idea I had, how about setting up a distributed network of anoncvs
> servers around the world which update frequently using rsync?  List the
> servers on the gnome cvs page, everyone uses their local server, we're all
> happy :)

This may happen later on; hopefully the CVS setup will change for the
better in a week or three, and after that we will be better prepared to
make big changes, like mirroring.

FWIW, though, rsync hasn't seemed terribly CPU-friendly either... :-)
There are other alternatives - we'll just have to go through them when the
time comes.

-- Elliot
When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather...
	...not yelling and screaming like the people in the back of the
	   plane he was flying.