Re: UI Problems with many gnome programs

Steve Dunham writes:
>     gnome-linuxconf is particularly annoying here.  The window
>     manager is told that the window is resizable, the window looks
>     cramped, but if you resize it, everything stays in the same place.

gnome-linuxconf in the tree is way behind the version that I have at
Red Hat -- I had to take development out of the main tree because the
CVS server kept dieing at critical times when I had to be working on
it and I got rather tired of it...

I've just checked in all my changes into the official tree.  There are
some resizing issues fixed.  However, I don't agree that everything
should expand to fill the window -- it turns out that if you do that,
the general look and feel is much worse.  Not everything ought to
expand, and gnome-linuxconf has to work with arbitrary input that
wasn't designed with expansion in mind.   'slife.

michaelkjohnson

 Linux Application Development       http://www.redhat.com/~johnsonm/lad/