Re: Buttons in panel menus.

On Fri, 31 Jul 1998, George wrote:

> well .... I dunno .. originally I thought we should have some graphics on
> them ... a right click menu on a menu is just too wild, and not really
> obvious ..
>
> if I could get the geometry right, I could do it so that the buttons are
> hidden unless the menuitem is selected in which case they would show ...
> however there are some geometry problems with this now ... once implemented
> it will be an option to use one or the other
>
> George

This might not be so bad.  Currently the menu looks very busy and
cluttered.  The functionality is a definite win though.  But the menu
titles have buttons and they cannot be selected.  Hmm, is it possible to
allow the user to drag a menu option onto the panel to add the button?
For the titles that can add a drawer or a menu maybe the drop can pop up a
little dialog, such as when you drop a file on the desktop?  This would be
less cluttered and pretty intuitive I think.

Manish Vachharajani
<mvachhar@vger.rutgers.edu>