Re: How is the gnome-common package used?

John R Sheets <> writes:
> So, is this a complete list of the files you have to create/edit?
> (one for each compilable directory)
> I assume that the for your main directory is
> significantly different from the you use for
> subdirectories...?
> This would be quite a juicy little FAQ topic, hint hint hint.

Gnome uses a standard autoconf/automake/libtool setup.  The only
"special" things are the various predefined autoconf macros:

	AM_ACLOCAL_INCLUDE(macros)  # need this to get the other gnome macros

The info files that come with the autoconf/automake/libtool packages
should start you off.  Another good reference is (as someone already

`' is only a convenience script, and needs little setup.  You
just need to edit PKG_NAME, and, if you want to, list some files in the
simple-minded "I'm building in the correct tree" check.

- Hari