Re: How is the gnome-common package used?

Yes, autogen.sh, configure.in, Makefile.am's are the
most important (others are needed if you make libs but I haven't got
there yet.) Most everything else is copyied from gnome-common or
generated.

The Makefile.am in the root of your source is mostly a file to points
to other subdirs.

the <subdir>/Makefile.am builds your code. The important things are
the PROGRAMS (I think that was it) var. It contains a list of
executable file to be made. Then each program has a list of things
like <program>_SOURCES, <program>_LIBS, etc.

There are other vars in there made or passed by configure. that is why
I suggest copying a simple one and modifying it.

We I get home, I will tar the beginning of my CVS front-end, which
right now is little more than the gnome-hello-4-sm test program pulled
out to build by itself. Anyway, I'll put it in a tarball and put it on
my homepage with some directions. It is a good simple place to start
from.

Reklaw

---John R Sheets <dusk@smsi-roman.com> wrote:

> So, is this a complete list of the files you have to create/edit?
>
> autogen.sh
> configure.in
> Makefile.am (one for each compilable directory)
>
> I assume that the Makefile.am for your main directory is
> significantly different from the Makefile.am you use for
> subdirectories...?
>
> This would be quite a juicy little FAQ topic, hint hint hint.
>
> John
>

> Frater Reklaw wrote:
> >
> > I just figured this out last night. If you need more, I'll email my
...snip