Re: How is the gnome-common package used?

I just figured this out last night. If you need more, I'll email my
simple files went I get home.

do something like this

cp -R <gnomescr>gnome-common/* <yoursrc>

edit the ./autogen.sh change "Gnome Skeleton" to your project name.

edit configure.in (I don't remember off the top of my head want if
anything I changed here)

I put my source in subdir called src.
Edit Makefile.am . Add "src" or whatever to the SUBDIR var.

find a simple Makefile.am from a subdir in gnome-core or some other
package (don't use the panel's or mc's to hard to understand. don't
use a applet's). Copy it into "src" or whatever. Edit it a lot. look
for something like PROGRAMS = <gsomething> and change it to your
program. and look for <gsomething>_source(s) =
change the <gsomething> (the <> won't be there) to your program's name
and put your sources in put.

try ./autogen.sh and debug from there.

Here are some docs to wade thourgh
http://www.cygnus.com/~ian/configure/