KSynth port

   Hi!

I would just like to ask wether someone is interested in making KSynth
run under Gnome?

For those who haven't seen it yet:

~~~~~ About KSynth: ~~~~~

KSynth is an "analog synthesizer" running under KDE.

 - It uses small modules (e.g. oscillators which create a sinus wave,
   various filters, modules which play the generated data on your speakers,
   mixers & faders, ...) which can be connected.
 - New synthesis modules can easily be written and integrated.
 - The synthesizer consists of two parts - a gui where you can connect the
   modules - and a low level synthesizer which can execute models.
 - The synthesizer and the gui communicate using CORBA.

You will need at least mico-2.0.7 and perhaps (haven't tested without)
egcs, to compile.

And hey - until now I have mostly written code, not documentation,
tutorials and the like. So expect to figure out yourself what it can
do and how it works if you try it. ;)

Look at: http://space.twc.de/~stefan/kde

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have taken care that at least the synthesizer core (the process that
executes the models) will not depend on Qt, just Corba (mico).

The gui uses Qt, but I think the task of rewriting parts of it (while
still keeping a KDE version) is possible.

What worries me currently is the graphic appearance of the controls/
plugins. These should certainly not be written twice. (It would not
make sense with apps like the gimp either). I am considering using
KOM/OpenParts for the task of embedding/using them.

If you would like to help you can contact me directly and/or subscribe
the KSynth mailing list.

And...: KSynth has still a long way to go. But I think it's better to
discuss porting now, than to have one GSynth and one KSynth later with
different features and different interfaces.

I mentioned that midibus already? KSynth is midibus aware ;) and will
be developed while the midibus standard will be developed as well.

  Cu... Stefan