Re: autogen.sh probs

On Sun, 26 Jul 1998, Dave Muench wrote:

> I'm having problems getting autogen.sh to work (any of them) in the CVS
> sources I've checked out. Here's what happens:
>
> ./configure: check_bash_input: buffer already exists for new fd 64
>
> Then configure core dumps. Running configure manually instead of using
> autogen.sh produces the same result. I believe I have all the required
> tools and versions, but I must be missing something..
>
> --
> Dave
> '97 TJ Sport with lots of neat stuff - http://red.muddy.tj/
>

> --

You are probably trying to run autogen.sh or configure from a gnome
terminal.  Sometimes, fd's get messed up and configure just stops working.
Try quitting your terminal and trying again.  If that doesn't work, try
running autogen on a standard console instead of under X.  That will
usually do the trick.  I haven't been able to track down this bug, but I
think it has something to do with gnome terminal not handling child
processes right.

Neil Vachharajani
nvachhar@pluto.njcc.com