Re: DocBook -> Texinfo (via DSSSL) Proof-of-Concept Demo

Ulrich Drepper <drepper@cygnus.com> writes:

> Jim Pick <jim@jimpick.com> writes:
>
> > The stylesheet I coded is very crude, and probably useless beyond the
> > demo itself.  Part of the problem is that I've never really used
> > DocBook or Texinfo before this.  And I'm not much of a DSSSL guru
> > either.  But it does show how the job could possibly be done using
> > DSSSL stylesheets.
>
> I haven't looked at the code yet but I think a real solution will not
> be possible without an appropriate jade extension.  Especially since
> makeinfo is sensitive to white spaces in certain situations.
>
> An Jade extension won't be too complex since there is only a fixed
> number of commands in makeinfo (unlike the TeX backend where you can
> define whatever you want).

Well, I only used (literal "some text here") for output.  That seems
to give me complete control over whitespace.

The only real gotcha I saw was that I hard-coded the output filename
into the DSSSL stylesheet.  There's probably a better way to do it -
as I said, I don't know DocBook or Texinfo.

I didn't try to do any stripping out of whitespace.  But couldn't that
be done just using a function written in DSSSL?  (heh, it's Scheme,
mostly)

Cheers,

 - Jim