Re: problems when running aclocal for gnome-libs

On Wed, Jul 22, 1998 at 11:49:22PM -0600, Tom Tromey wrote:

> Andrew> That's the problem.  Should 'make install' for glib install to
> Andrew> the directory returned one by 'aclocal --print-ac-dir'?
>
> I guess that would make sense.  I don't really know what the best
> solution is, but that one would certainly work.

Not so sure I like this idea. I want my /usr tree to be totally
controlled by my distribution (Debian), and when giving
--prefix=/usr/local I expect everything to go there..

Couldn't aclocal always also look in /usr/local/share/aclocal ?
Won't help those who install glib/gtk+ in like /opt/gnome...
But at least they could make symlinks to ther /usr/local... instead
of having to touch the sacred /usr. :)

--
Simon Kågedal <simon@sdf.se> - Homepage: http://www.sdf.se/~simon/