Re: problems when running aclocal for gnome-libs

Hi ,

> Andrew> `aclocal' will also look in `macros'
> Andrew> aclocal: configure.in: 40: macro `AM_PATH_GLIB' not found in library
>
> I think this is the basic problem.
> The fix is to find `glib.m4' and copy it into the directory aclocal
> searches for macros.  (Either `macros', or whatever `aclocal --print-ac-dir'
> says)

That's the problem.  Should 'make install' for glib install to the directory
returned one by 'aclocal --print-ac-dir'?  glib installed glib.m4 to
/usr/local/share/aclocal, but aclocal is looking in /usr/share/aclocal.  The
only files that I have in /usr/local/share/aclocal are glib.m4 and libtool.m4.

Andrew Clausen