Re: Compiling Gnome ?

On Wed, 22 Jul 1998, Manish Vachharajani wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Jul 1998, Pascal Hofstee wrote:
>
> glib-config is like gtk-config except for the glib libraries.  You need to
> have the latest version of glib installed from CVS fro ORBit.  THe only
> problem is that I don't know if this latest glib can work with gtk+ 1.0.4
> since that installs its own glib.  You can try to install the new glib
> alongside the old gtk.  It may work.
It worked ...

gtk's glib ended up in /usr/X11R6/lib (and include)
while glib's ended up in /usr/local/lib (and include)

After (twice) adding an extra <sys/types.h> to two header-files,
and creating a symlink for /usr/bin/cpp->/lib/cpp (don't know where that
lib/cpp came from but it made the test-compile bail) I finaly have ORBit.

Now Where/How do I get/compile an ORBit-ized version of the Panel ??

Pascal