Re: Compiling Gnome ?

On Wed, 22 Jul 1998, Pascal Hofstee wrote:

~>

> On Wed, 22 Jul 1998, Manish Vachharajani wrote:
>
> > Ok, you could try putting the ulimit stuff in a shell rc file that gets
> > read for non-login files.  I believe .bashrc is one of these files.  Also,
> > I am using ORBit with gcc 2.7.2.3 from RH 5.1 and it seems to work fine,
> > why do you think you need gcc 2.8?
>
> Where did you get glib-config from ?
> coz that's what the ORBit configure stops at ... it can't find
> glib-config. Only thing that slightly resembles anything like it .. is a
> glibconfig.h in /usr/X11R6/include ... libglib in /usr/X11R6/lib ... and
> final glibstdc++28 in my ports-directory ... and that last one is
> dependent on gcc-2.8.
>
> if anybody could help me out on how to solve that glib-config thing ... I
> might try ORBit (but then how do I retrieve the ORBit-ized panel source) ?
>
> Pascal

glib-config is like gtk-config except for the glib libraries.  You need to
have the latest version of glib installed from CVS fro ORBit.  THe only
problem is that I don't know if this latest glib can work with gtk+ 1.0.4
since that installs its own glib.  You can try to install the new glib
alongside the old gtk.  It may work.

Manish Vachharajani
<mvachhar@vger.rutgers.edu>