Re: Understanding applets

 .........----------------==================----
..--==-  Wed, 22 Jul 1998 17:56:50 -0400 (EDT),
..--==-  Manish Vachharajani (MV) mentioned:

 MV)  On Wed, 22 Jul 1998, John Ellis wrote:
 )) >> ORBit should add that much .. and I don't think gtk itself
 )) doesn't either >> ... it must be the gnome libs then ....  > >If
 )) all the stock pixmap stuff is in the headers it will definately be
 )) in >every app.  I haven't figured out how the stock stuff works
 )) yet though.
 ))
 )) I looked, all the pixmaps are static chars in
 )) libgnomeui/gnome-stock-imlib.h (rgb data format), the file is
 )) HUGE, >500,000 bytes, yuck.

 MV)  Ok, but this only gets included by gnome-stock.c and so only one
 MV)  copy should be placed in libgnomeui.  After that everyone should
 MV)  share the data, so that isn't the problem with applet size.

..

Is there a reason these aren't declared static const char instead of
static char to put them in .rodata rather than .data (other than the
code that needs to be changed)?

--

        Andrew Veliath
	andrewtv@usa.net, veliaa@rpi.edu