Re: Understanding applets

> If you wanted to write up an API which makes regular apps swallowable,
> or otherwise makes it easier to write dual-purpose apps, then I don't
> think that anyone would mind at all.

No, that's not what I'm suggesting. I would like to see 'being an applet'
be an _extension_ of programs. In this view, applets are _more_, not
less, than normal programs.

To formulate it somewhat differently, in response to Haukur Hreinsson
who wrote:
> An applet is defined as an application program that runs inside another
> application, but cannot be run directly from the operating system.

Why is eg. the cdplayer applet an applet and not a normal program. It
makes perfect sense as something that runs without sitting in the panel.

Kasper