Re: Panel segfaults

On Mon, Jul 20, 1998 at 01:19:24PM -0400, Manish Vachharajani wrote:
> > OK, now to find out why send_applet_tooltips_state() is getting "Extern"
> > passed as an IOR. That is most definitely incorrect! :) Can you do some
> > gdb'ing and find out?
>
> Ok, wierd things happen when I gdb, but that is to be expected :).  First,
> both the panel and the genutil_applet --clock segfault.  Second, it
> seems that the panel code passes info->id_str to the orb which is actually
> set to EXTERN_ID("Extern") so it is passing the right thing, at least from
> an execution point of view.  The code does what it says it will do :).  It
> seems all applets that are not part of the panel natively like launchers
> and the menus have id_str set to EXTERN_ID.

ok this might be a problem of loading the applets before corba is initialized
SO ... the applet_register never seems to get called (which is what clears
the id_str and makes it the IOR) ... this was a slight hack which I didn't
clean up yet, id_str should only contain IOR and be NULL in all other cases,
however it has not been cleaned up enough yet

the panel should never call the applet before the applet does the
applet_register call and tells the panel it's IOR ...

George

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
  The following implements RSA in perl and is illegal to export from the US: