Re: Panel segfaults

On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, Elliot Lee wrote:

> OK, now to find out why send_applet_tooltips_state() is getting "Extern"
> passed as an IOR. That is most definitely incorrect! :) Can you do some
> gdb'ing and find out?

Ok, wierd things happen when I gdb, but that is to be expected :).  First,
both the panel and the genutil_applet --clock segfault.  Second, it
seems that the panel code passes info->id_str to the orb which is actually
set to EXTERN_ID("Extern") so it is passing the right thing, at least from
an execution point of view.  The code does what it says it will do :).  It
seems all applets that are not part of the panel natively like launchers
and the menus have id_str set to EXTERN_ID.

Manish Vachharajani
<mvachhar@vger.rutgers.edu>